Bestowed with immense natural beauty, a wide variety of flora and fauna, rich cultural heritage and history, the southern state of Karnataka offers a wonderful experience for every traveller. Some of the more famous and popular destinations of Karnataka are the majestic royal city of Mysore, beaches of Gokarna, divine abode of Shravanbelegola, coffee plantations of Chikmagalur and Coorg, cave temples and wildlife sanctuaries of Badami and the various temples, forests and towns along the banks of river Cauvery.
Instead of expensive resorts or commercial hotels, we urge you to stay at a homestay with home-like comfort, local food along with the privacy and warm hospitality in quintessential Kannadiga style. These places have a host of activities, amenities and tariff plans to suit all wallets.
Take a weekend break from the mad rush of city life and hire a car in Bangalore to travel to Mysore. The driving distance from Bangalore to Mysore is around 150 km via NH275. Mysore is a historic city with a royal past, rich culture, heritage and pleasant weather.
Here are some of the top homestays in Mysore. Places that offer the best facilities for relaxation.
- Jenukal residence: Located at a distance of 3.8 km from the Mysore Palace, this homestay has all rooms with complimentary Wi-Fi, while some have a kitchen with a microwave. A beautiful garden surrounds the property.
- LikeMy Home Homestay: Rated as the best value accommodation, this homestay provides a terrace along with the other regular facilities. Some rooms include a balcony with a garden view and a fully equipped kitchen. Guests can enjoy a continental breakfast. A car rental service is also available to take tourists around.
- Cottage Stay in Kabini: Cottage Stay on the bank of Kabini River near Mysore is an unforgettable experience. Located within the serenity of the forests, these accommodations offer the best services along with swimming, bonfire, boat rides, cycling on village roads, bullock cart rides and folk dance performances by local tribals to watch out for on weekends.
Coorg or Kodagu is popularly termed as the ‘Scotland of India.’ Part of the Malnad region of Western Ghats, Coorg is famous for its lush greenery, tea estates, orange groves, coffee plantations and gurgling streams. Bangalore to Coorg Taxi service offered by Savaari covers a distance of 252 km and takes you around the major tourist attractions in a hassle-free manner. Here are some of the homestay options you should consider while visiting Coorg.
- Silver Brook Estate Homestay: Nestled amidst the coffee plantation, this place has special rooms with modern facilities and a dining hall where you can taste sumptuous Udipi cuisine.
- Coorg Hilltop Heritage Bungalow: Perfect for nature lovers, this quite retreat provides scenic views of endless greenery and the Tadiandamol peak. Amenities include internet, veg, non-veg meals, secure parking, private garden as well as a trek up the hills around or a walk by the streams.
The hills of Chikmagalur have nurtured the coffee culture with care. The homestays of Chikmaglur mentioned below are great places for weekend gateways.
- Escape to Malnad: Located near the Bhadra Tiger Reserve, this is the place for both tigers and Malnad Style cuisine. It has indoor and outdoor gaming options as well as evening bonfires.
- Coffee n Mist: An amazing coffee estate location that takes guests for a relaxed walk through the plantations to rejuvenate your senses.