A sunny day emitting sweet sacred sunshine, the waves absorbing it and reflecting back as pure white crystal clear pearls, white sand sticking to the bare feet and an ocean in front to dissolve that back, the sun bath on the comforting beach chairs and tanned bodies. Happy summers, folks!
Our vacation plans are somewhere inspired owing to the season cycles. And when it comes to enjoying summers and beaches, Goa somehow becomes the only popular destination which blocks our mind from planning our vacations any place else. Why on the earth will anyone want to miss other super awesome and celestial beaches in India, so perfect to turn out our vacations into a yoohoo experience. Also, it’s now super easy to turn your vacations into an affordable experience by using these Goibibo promo code, wherein you can save up to 80% on your travel expenses. Let’s get started with these 5 must visit beaches:
1. Gokarna, Karnataka
Gokarna is famous religiously as well as a profound holidaying destination. Far away from the commercialization of places, a serene space amidst the beauty of nature, it promises you a trip of happy summers.
Gokarna has a series of beaches laid down in series:
a) Om beach – Famous for water activities and sports.
b) Gokarna beach – Nearby Mahabaleshwar temple and hence a bit crowded.
c) Half moon beach – If you are a solitary seeker, this is your place
d) Paradise beach – A pollution free beach and famous for sea food cuisines
e) Kulde Beach – Another marvel of serenity when you are in need of no company but your’s. Yoga classes are also held here.
The Mahabaleshwar temple is also a popular sight worth paying a visit. The huge lingam of Shiva is the main attraction here.
How to reach:
• Gokarna is located around 450 kms from Bangalore and 190 kms south of Goa
• Nearest airport is Dabolim, Goa. It’s a 4 hour’s drive from there.
• The city is also well connected by buses from major cities like Managalore, Bangalore and Goa
Best Season to visit: October – March
2. Ganpatipule, Maharashtra
Ganpatipule has a grand beach with eye-catching views. The waters are very calm and hence the location is ideal for swimming or an evening stroll around watching the sunset. Water sports are also carried out here.
As the name of the place suggests, there is a 400 year old Swaymbhu Ganesh temple which is hugely famous among the pilgrims as the Lord Ganesha’s statue here is believed to have originated from the ground.
There are spectacular views, one being the confluence of river with the ocean which when seen from the hill shaped like Ganpati, looks awesome.
How to reach:
• Nearest airport is Ratnagiri which is located at 50 kms
• MSRTC provides hourly buses from Ratnagiri to Ganapatipule
• The Konkan Railway Bhoke is the nearest railhead located at a distance of 35 kms from Ganapatipule
Best Season to visit: November – May
3. Kovalam, Kerala
The famous beaches across Kovalam are:
a) Lighthouse Beach: Most famous among tourists. The name is devised as the Vizhinjam lighthouse is located and in total is a height of 118 metres. Tourists enjoy the breathtaking views of the ocean via the lighthouse. The view of sunrises and sunsets is none less than a paradise.
b) Hawah beach/Eve beach: Lined with coconut trees, the beach is beautiful and one can make sure not to miss its charisma by opting for a cruise with fishermen early in the morning. The beach displays unparalleled serenity on moonlit nights.
c) Samudra beach: The less touristic and more business activity undertaken kind of beach.
There are a variety of options to spend time at Kovalam. Whereas on one side the exquisite resorts offer a relaxing vacation, the beach complex includes numerous budget cottages and ayurvedic health resorts.
How to reach:
• Trivandrum International airport is located 15 kms from kovalam
• Kovalam has a well-connected fleet of buses from Trivandrum, Bangalore, Chennai and Madurai
• Trivandrum central railway station is location around 15 kms from Kovalam
Best season to visit: November – February
4. Havelock, Andaman
Havelock is without a doubt the most famous beach in the Andaman Islands. Titled as “Asia’s best beach” and “7th best beach in the world” by Time Magazine, the place is not overrated at all.
The moment you reach the place and have a look around, the resemblance to a postcard perfect picture is inevitable. Wide spans of white sand with crystal clear blue waters around, is a sight to fall in love with.
Snorkelling, Scuba diving and elegant elephant rides are the best parts you need to try on, when on a travel spree to Andamans.
How to reach:
• There is a flight from Port Blair to havelock in 20 minutes in a seaplane. The services are usually available on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• The other way to reach Havelock is by the air conditioned catamaran ferry, which takes 90 minutes from Port Blair. There are government ferry services available as well which take about 2.5 hours. Do book your tickets in advance during peak season.
Best season to visit: October – April
5. Varkala beach, Kerala
Varkala beach is ideal for peaceful vacationing. It is also known as Papanasam beach as it is believed that taking bath in its waters wash away all the sins.
Varkala beach is the only place in southern Kerala where cliffs are found adjacent to the Arabian Sea. It is counted as one of the top ten seasonal beaches in the world by discovery channel.
With picturesque surroundings and beautiful landscapes, the beach also offers celestial views of sunrise and sunsets.
The beach is also famous for spa, mineral springs and ayurvedic centers, offering the best treatments and therapies.
How to reach:
• Trivandrum International Airport is the nearest airport at the distance 51 Km
• Varkala Railway Station is the nearest railhead that is 3 km away from Varkala.
• Varkala Bus Station is well connected to all major cities of India and also regular fleet of buses ply from Kochi and Trivandrum
Best Time to Visit: September – March
What is your soul in search of? A silent stroll along the sea shore with your companion or an adventure filled water sports and activities trip with your friends! Listen to your heart and plan a trip to one of these awesome summer destinations.
Picture Credits: holidaymango, mouthshut, IndusHolidays, KeralaTourismGuide, MakeMyTrip, YatraMantra, ExperienceAndamans, TripAdvisor